We recognize that the seacoast has a shortage of support for our emerging adults, and we want to help. We have opportunities for executive function and/or social communication skill coaching for young adults transitioning from high school and into the “real” world. Opportunities exist for 1:1, small group, or teletherapy.
As our students with executive functioning challenges head off to college, there is suddenly a price tag attached to their educational success. They are faced with a new level of freedom that can become difficult to manage without support. With no one waking them up, telling them to do their homework, or helping them study, they may struggle to balance their academic load with their newfound social freedom. Areas of focus for our executive function skill learners may include:
- Time management for long-term projects and papers.
- Study skills for comprehensive mid-terms and final exams.
- Calendar skills for planning and organizing time wisely.
- Accessing campus supports for students with disabilities.
- Note taking strategies based on learning profiles.
Please note that for our distance learners who are away at college, we are equipped to provide these services remotely, via the internet.